All adults aged 18 and over in England are now eligible to book a COVID vaccine, in what the head of the NHS called “a watershed moment”.
The NHS has begun sending out around 1.5 million texts. It said it was braced for high demand after the first group of people in their 20s to be offered vaccines booked more than one million appointments in a single day.
Your vaccine is our vaccine, your health is our health
Are you undocumented ?
If so you are entitled to receive a vaccine because your health is our health.
You can attend any walk-in vaccination clinic. You will be asked for your name, age and a telephone contact for the second jab. This will not be shared with other government agencies.
Aged 18+ in north east London and need your first Covid-19 jab?
We’re inviting all local people to a vaccination event on Saturday, 19 June from 10am to 8pm at the London Stadium (West Ham) in the Olympic Park, Stratford, London.
If you live in Barking and Dagenham, City of London, Hackney, Havering, Newham, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets or Waltham Forest, register here to join us to have your first Covid-19 vaccination.
Book here – we just need your name, postcode and chosen time slot. For advice on travelling to the Stadium please see their website.
- We will be delivering first doses only of the Pfizer vaccine – appointments for second doses can be managed through the national booking service
- Please turn up on time, rather than early, so we can make sure people are socially distanced
- Please eat before you come and bring a drink, hat, sunglasses and sunscreen with you in case the weather is hot – we’re hoping the weather will be great, so do dress appropriately!
- Please only bring a small bag with you, for security reasons we can’t let people in with suitcases and big bags
- If you can, bring your NHS number with you – this will help us record your vaccination quickly. You can find this at https://nhs.uk/nhs-services/online-services/find-nhs-number/ but you can still be vaccinated if you don’t have one
- To help us manage vaccine stocks in the area, please don’t cancel any existing booking you may have made at other vaccination sites at a later date
- Marshals will direct and support you at the Stadium on the day, gathering further information where needed and answering your questions
- Your vaccination status will be updated on the national booking service within 2 working days of this event and you will be able to book or manage your second dose appointment through that link
- Questions about the vaccine and the vaccination process? Answers to frequently asked questions are available at https://www.eastlondonhcp.nhs.uk/ourplans/covid-19-vaccine-faqs.htm
Rapid Testing – Twice Weekly Tests
To help stop the spread of COVID 19 now that the lockdown is easing, it is important to take twice
About one in three people with coronavirus do not have symptoms but can still infect
others. Getting tested regularly is the only way to know if you have the virus. Anyone in England who
does not have symptoms can now get regular rapid lateral flow tests to check for coronavirus.
If all those with positive tests self-isolate, it will help stop individual cases from becoming outbreaks.
The government is urging everyone to take these tests, even if you have had the vaccination.
I don’t have symptoms. How do I get regular rapid tests?
Go to a test site
If you don’t have COVID symptoms, you can get a free rapid (lateral flow) test done at the COVID-19
Test Site Aldermanbury, London, EC2V 7HH. Opening hours are 7:30am – 5:00pm, Monday to
Friday. You will need to book an appointment.
Get a test to do at home
You can collect up to 2 packs of tests from a local pharmacy or test site, or you can order them online at https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests If you cannot order online, call 119 Lines are open 7:00am to 11:00pm and calls are free.
What if I have symptoms?
If you have COVID symptoms, you can arrange a free PCR test by calling 119 between 7am and
11pm. There is a testing centre at 65a Basinghall Street which is open from 8:00am to 8:00pm, seven
days a week.