Flipside is a 12 week, paid, agency-led digital product design training programme, aimed at helping young East Londoners break into the industry and start creating digital products.
To be eligible for this training you must be:
- Resident of: Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest or Newham
- Currently unemployed or underemployed (in a job which is not in your chosen field/has little career progression)
- Available for 12-weeks full-time training from the end of February to May 2019
- Interested in getting into the digital sector and creating digital products
What you will get:
- 3 months of exclusive hands-on training led by some of the best digital agencies in the world
- Live group projects to build your portfolio
- A rotating programme with multiple agencies to learn and network with
- A guaranteed interview for a number of paid placements for those who complete
- An industry mentor to support you in achieving your goals
- A training bursary of £200 per week to cover travel, food expenses and a bit extra for the duration of training (up to £2500 for the duration)
For more information, tips and to apply email:
Sports Interactive (SI) is the world’s leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games.
Founded in 1994 and now based in East London’s booming technology hub at Here East in Stratford, SI is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
Opportunities range from Commercial Operations Manager to Gameplay Programmer.
To see all available roles and to apply:
This is a 12 month programme designed to enable young disabled people to prepare for their futures.
We are looking for passionate volunteers to commit to a full year of volunteering with this programme.
Volunteering will take place twice a month and volunteer training will take place every 4-8 weeks.
Job of the week
Cabinet Support Officer x3 posts
£34,938 to £35,772
Full time – closes 2 December
Search all current Hackney Council vacancies.
The Hackney Works Hubs offer free support to help residents into employment. This will be available until 8pm on select evenings of the month.
Next Late session is at the Homerton Opportunity Hub, currently located in Lee House on December 4.
Call to book an appointment today on:
020 8356 3331 Or email:
Hackney Opportunity Hubs
Homerton Opportunity Hub – this service is temporarily located at:
6a Rectory Road
Hoxton Opportunity Hub
137-139 Bowling Green Walk
Corner of Pitfield Street
Woodberry Down Opportunity Hub
Redmond Community Centre
Get your #HackneyWomennominations in now! Our year long campaign to find 100 inspirational women from Hackney is coming to an end on December 9, so if you know anyone driving change in the community nominate them today.
If you live or work in Hackney you can earn points and prizes for sharing your opinion on important local issues through the online residents panel Hackney Matters
The Adult Learning Service provides a range of courses, from First Aid to Crafts and even English and maths. To apply and find out more: