Regulation 19 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012 (as amended)
I write to advise you that Hackney has published its Proposed Submission Local Plan for consultation. The Local Plan 2033 covers the whole of London borough of Hackney excluding the Hackney Wick area covered by the London Legacy Development Corporation. It sets out the planning policies to guide and manage development and investment in the borough for the next 15 years.
The Local Plan 2033 includes a vision, objectives, a growth strategy, place policies, site allocations and planning policies. The plan includes policies on: housing, jobs, employment areas, community facilities, town centres, transport, open spaces, design and heritage, climate change and the environment.
The Proposed Submission Local Plan and accompanying documents can be viewed at https://hackney.gov.uk/lp33 or in the following locations:
- Hackney Service Centre Planning desk, 1 Hillman Street, London. E8 1FB – Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and
- Hackney’s local libraries:
- Hackney Central, 1 Reading Lane, E8 1GQ
- Clapton, Northwold Road, E5 8RA
- Dalston CLR James, Dalston Square, E8 3BQ
- Homerton, Homerton High Street, E9 6AS
- Shoreditch, 80 Hoxton Square, N1 6LP
- Stamford Hill, Portland Avenue, N16 6SB
- Stoke Newington, Stoke Newington Church Street, N16 0JS
- Woodberry Down, Redmond Community Centre, Kayani Avenue, N4 2HF
Full details of library opening hours are available at:www.hackney.gov.uk/libraries.
Comments must be made by 5pm on 7th January 2019. Representations may be made in writing or by way of electronic communications. Comments on the soundness of the Local Plan 2033 should be sent to:
Strategic Policy Team
London Borough of Hackney
3rd Floor, 2 Hillman Street
London E8 1DY
What happens next?
Following this consultation, the Council will submit the Plan to the Planning Inspectorate for examination in January 2019.
Representations may be accompanied by a request to be notified at a specified address of any of the following;
- i) the submission of the local plan for independent examination under section 20 of the Act,
- ii) the publication of the recommendations of the person appointed to carry out an independent examination of the local plan under section 20 of the Act, and
iii) the adoption of the local plan.
If you would like further information please contact the Strategic Policy Team by email: email@example.com or call: 020 8356 8084.
Strategic Policy Manager