Start Up Internships at Here East
Do you want to kick start your career in the digital and creative sector?
Startup Internship is looking for seven people between 18-30, living in/or with a strong connection to Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham and Waltham Forest for 6 months paid opportunities as a Development Intern, Social Media Intern or Graphic Design Intern.
This opportunity offers:
- Six-month, London Living Wage paid placement at a company within Plexal, East London’s Innovation Hub
- Access to Plexal’s Careers and Professional Development offer
- Industry-focused support and guidance from A New Direction
Apply if you are:
- An enthusiastic self-starter
- Calm, cheerful and helpful
- Proactive and have the foresight to spot potential issues before they escalate
- Resilient and have the tenacity to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
To be eligible for an internship you must be:
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
- Curious, passionate about learning and able to build skills independently
- Interested in building a career in the digital and creative industries
- Meet the specific requirements for the role/s applied for
Applications must be submitted by May 18
For more information about the roles on offer and how to apply
GET INTO VOLUNTEERING
Want to get involved in your community but don’t know where to start? Come and meet Volunteer Centre Hackney and local charities, and discover how to get involved in your community on Wednesday 9 May 11 – 12pm at the Volunteer Centre Hackney, Unit 13 Springfield House, 5 Tyssen Street, Dalston, E8 2LY.
Whether you’ve got an hour a week or an hour a month, there are hundreds of ways to help local causes and local residents.
What kinds of volunteering can I do?
How do I start to search for a volunteer role?
How do I know it’s the right role for me?
How do I make the most of volunteering?
This is free event, no need to book – just drop in on your way home, on your way out or after work. Free refreshments provided.
18 year old Beverley joined Inspire!’s team for 6 months as part of the Hackney 100 programme, a scheme which gives young people from Hackney access to meaningful, paid work placements in the local area.
Beverley said: “Inspire! will be a part of my life from now on. I am honoured to have had the opportunity to work with people who are not only passionate about what they do, but are helping to remove the stigma from a beautiful place like Hackney.”