Safer Neighbourhood – Clissold Ward Panel Meeting

Held in Hawksley Court Community Hall, N16 0UA

On Wednesday 18th April 2018 at 19:15

Meeting Minutes

Meeting opened at 19.15hrs

PRESENT:

Panel Attendees: JA, SA, JB, MB, NB, PB, FC, TL, AM, CP, LP, LS, IS (Chair), MS, GR, MT, AW (Minutes), JW.

First Time Attendees: AL, SG (Clissold Community Safety Officer). Attendees from Community Youth Groups: JC (The Crib), AW.

Cllrs: Cllr S Cameron, Cllr N Hercock, Cllr C Selman (Cabinet Member for Community Safety), Cllr S Etti

MET Police Service Representative: PC D Brennan (Clissold) – Dedicated Ward Officer.

Apologies for absence: NL, JM, JM-S, JV (NHS Open Doors), PS N Walsh (Clissold), PC D Walters (DWO).

  1. Introductions:

The Chair (IS) welcomed attendees to the Clissold Ward Panel meeting. She explained that it was initially intended to hold a standard panel meeting but some members of the community had wanted to attend in order to discuss recent violence on the ward and its impact. IS welcomed these attendees and asked people to briefly introduce themselves. Caroline Selman, who is the Hackney Cabinet Member for Community Safety, was in attendance.

  1. Reading of Minutes from last meeting (Wednesday 17th January 2018):

IS requested confirmation of the Minutes (confirmed). Meetings continue to be the third Wednesday of the month (every third month) which allows the Councillors to attend.

  1. Matters arising from Minutes: No matters arising.

  1. Chairman’s Report (verbal report) – IS:

(Background: Just prior to the January meeting, Daniel Frederick (a Clissold Resident) was stabbed and later died near to his home on the Milton Gardens Estate in a case of mistaken identity. Two days after, there was an unrelated firearms incident on Lordship Road involving a 19 year old male. Subsequently, there have been several serious incidents on the ward (Lordship Estate), a further involving a firearm. This is set against a backdrop of an apparent increase in violent knife/gun incidents across London.)

As already mentioned, residents from Shakespeare Walk N16 and members of local youth groups wanted to hold a meeting to discuss this increased violence and the impact it is having on our youth, parents and the wider community. As the councillors were attending, it seemed beneficial to incorporate this discussion as part of the more general Clissold Safe Neighbourhood Ward Panel meeting. The aim is to gain some understanding of what is happening in the community and how best to support the parents and most importantly our youth. This will be fed back to the police and also to the council. We look forward to hearing from these residents later in the meeting.

We had heard back in October 2017 regarding structural changes in relation to Hackney Community Safety and that Clissold would have a dedicated CSO. IS was therefore delighted to welcome the new CSO, Sukhpreet Grewal, to the meeting. As SG is a very recent joiner, later in the meeting she will give a brief overview of her role, but will not provide an activity report on this occasion. However, going forward we will receive regular activity reports.

IS activities have centred around outreach work. No meetings were attended. NB sent several emails.

  1. Police Report: (17th January 2018 – 18th April 2018)

  1. Resourcing: Clissold Ward now consists of both PC Dan Brennan and also PC Dean Walters as Dedicated Ward Officers (DWO’s). PC Fox has moved from Stoke Newington Ward and is currently working with the resolutions team. PC Valentine has joined Stoke Newington Ward as PC Fox’s replacement and is now the Stoke Newington DWO. As it stands A/PS Nigel Walsh and PC Harry Valentine are DWOs for Stoke Newington Ward. Both Clissold & Stoke Newington Wards’ PCSOs have been attached to a project delivering Smart Water in Enfield. Stoke Newington Ward’s PCSO Raheem has returned as of 18/04/2018. There is currently no date given for when PCSO Bains will return to Clissold Ward (hopefully in the not too distant future).

Other demands: DWOs throughout Hackney continue to be tasked to investigate low level crimes which occur on their wards. These include motor vehicle crime, and ASB resulting in harassment or public order crimes. Given the recent rise in violence, the team has been abstracted on a number of occasions to conduct borough-wide reassurance patrols, assist with crime scenes, assist with house- to-house enquiries, amongst other taskings. As a result, we have spent significant periods abstracted from ward priorities. Furthermore during this period PC Brennan was on attachment with Trident, the pan-London gangs unit, for a period of one month.

Current Sergeant: At present A/PS Walsh continues to cover the role of Sergeant for both Clissold and Stoke Newington Ward – Neighbourhood Policing Teams. It is possible that a new Sergeant will look to be assigned in the near future.

  1. Priorities from the ward panel to the police (set at the last meeting in January):
  • Milton Gardens / Lordship Road (Estate): Support to youth community following incidents

  • Lordship Park (south side)/Queen Elizabeth’s Walk: Vice-related ASB activity – Drug Dealing, Using, Prostitution, Soliciting

  • Burma Road/Springdale Road: Drug dealing.

  • Moped crime & theft of mopeds

Milton Gardens & Lordship Road Estate

Youth Engagement: I have continued to look to positively engage with youths in the local area during patrols and regularly link in with SWAPA to check if they have any issues. I am in regular contact with the management team at Lordship South Estate. The team are extremely efficient and are quick to alert me to any issues facing the residents or the estate. There have been further issues regarding one resident who was being targeted by rival gang members, however the family are now in the process of being relocated and are no longer staying at said address.

Weapons sweeps: Multiple weapon sweeps have been carried out in both of these areas over the past few months. As recently as Friday 13th April this resulted in two knives being recovered from the Milton Grove Estate.

Stop and search: It is well known that there has been an increased number of Stop and Searches following the rise in violence London-wide recently. This has included several ‘Section 60’ authorisations (this gives police the right to search people in a defined area during a specific time period). This increase in searches has included Clissold Ward. We hope that the fact that people are aware that they may be likely to be searched, will act as a strong deterrent against carrying a weapon. If you have any queries or questions around Stop and Search, or would simply like to be talked through the process then I will be happy to do so. If there is interest, I would also be happy to look at arranging a dedicated Stop and Search session at a later date for people to attend.

Lordship Park (south side)/Queen Elizabeth’s Walk: Vice-related ASB activity – Drug Dealing, Using, Prostitution, Soliciting

Night duties continue to be conducted by ward officers around this area, including the Brownswood team. Several of these have been in partnership with Street Worker charity Women-at-the-Well, as well as Ray Norman from Hackney Council CCTV who has been incredibly helpful and supportive in looking to resolve this issue for residents. One of the approaches police currently take is that when someone is suspected of Kerb Crawling they are issued with a S59 Police Reform Act 2002 notice. This means if the vehicle is seen to engage in any anti-social behaviour in the future then the vehicle can be seized. On Wednesday 11th April this resulted in one vehicle being seized by officers from Stamford Hill West, as well as the driver of the vehicle being issued with a Penalty Notice for not having an MOT. Great work from the team!

Burma Road/Springdale Road: Drug dealing

Patrols continue to be conducted around this area and it is included in all patrols whenever possible. Working with residents we were able to identify vehicles that were suspected to be involved and have subsequently taken action to have these vehicles flagged so that when other officer’s encounter them they are aware and can pay added attention to said vehicles. Recently, some excellent proactive policing from the response team resulted in a vehicle being stopped on Lidfield Road and the driver was arrested for Possession with intent to supply Class A drugs as well as possession of an offensive weapon!

  1. Engagement

The team are looking to hold regular drop-in sessions, however would like feedback about what you as the residents would like to see. These can be general sessions where residents can attend and ask any questions they have or just attend for a chat. These can be targeted sessions, for example a session focused on crime prevention regarding bike thefts. Or they can be more community focussed sessions, such as taking part in fun runs or other events so that you can get to know your local team better with the added option of discussing any issues you have with us!

All feedback greatly appreciated!

  1. Crime rates

  • For February 2018 the three most common crimes on Clissold Ward were Vandalism, Violence and Harassment.

  • Crimes per 1000 residents for Clissold was 4, compared to a borough average of 8 and a London average of 7.

  • In December 2017, prior to the last ward panel meeting, Clissold had 7 crimes per 1000 residents. This is a substantial decrease.

  • This follows a general trend of Clissold being significantly below the Borough and London average for crime rates.

This information is all publicly available to residents, along with detailed maps of crime hotspots, crime prevention advice and long term details crime information on;

https://www.met.police.uk/your-area/hackney/clissold/?tab=Overview

Furthermore Clissold has seen an 11.61% reduction in the 12 months to February 2018 compared to the previous 12 months.

https://www.met.police.uk/stats-and-data/crime-data-dashboard/

  1. Contact details

If you have any local Clissold related queries or would like to contact the team, please feel to email us on; SNTGD-.Clissold@met.police.uk

This is not for emergencies or for crime reporting!

  1. If you wish to report a crime and it’s an emergency please call 999.

  2. If you wish to report a non-emergency crime dial 101.

  3. Alternatively you can now report crime (non-emergency) online at :

https://www.met.police.uk/report/how-to-report-a-crime/

6) Hackney Community Safety Ward Officer Report: Sukhpreet Greval was introduced as the new Ward Officer. She is new to the role and will give a more formal activity report at the next meeting by which time she should have had an opportunity to get her feet under the table. She explained that Barry Fox is now an Enforcement Officer. Her role will involve providing feedback to wardens, planning patrols, and focusing on hotspots. She said that already she would be taking away some of the issues highlighted. It’s really important for her to be aware of what is happening on the ward and which are the key geographic areas to target. SG made the distinction in that her role covers ASB and out-of-hours shifts across Hackney Council enforcement, but this is not the same as Hackney Housing ASB/tenants which are covered by others. SG looks forward working with us and to providing a fuller report at the next meeting.

7) Open Doors NHS Report: JV was unable to attend the meeting, so there was not an update regarding prostitution at this meeting, other than the update provided during the MET ward report.

  1. Questions/Issues and Responses:

  1. Issue: Lordship Park/QEW(north side) (Cllr S Cameron): A resident from Lordship Park had written in to say that the properties in that area had experienced a recent spate of intrusions and burglaries on the road, which as well as being reported to police had also been reported on their local group email. On Queen Elizabeth’s Walk, a house had been broken into and the car keys taken and then the car. On Lordship Park, there was an attempt to steal a bike, a lawn-mower at another property and a side gate was tampered with. This was all over the previous week.

Answer: PC Brennan had not seen the list and was not aware of the burglary on QEW. AW responded that it had only just been sent to the SNT email. There followed some discussion and it was established that the theft on Queen Elizabeth’s Walk was on the north part of the road which lies in the Stamford Hill Ward. This raised once again the issue that because Lordship Park is split down the middle of a road (ward-wise) -between prostitution activities, speeding, and other crime, there is often a missing overall picture for the policing teams covering the road – Brownswood, Clissold, Stamford Hill.) In terms of burglary prevention, PC Brennan stated that the SNT undertake cocooning to priority areas when there has been a burglary. Generally, this involves targeting 26 houses surrounding the targeted property, which helps to prevent further burglaries. These properties receive a leaflet drop which contains information about how to prevent burglary. Big windows are tempting, particularly the large Victorian bay windows. Blinds help, as well as keeping valuables hidden. Don’t leave keys anywhere in sight as people can insert a fishing-rod style gadget through the letterbox to hook the keys and then can access your car. The lack of PCSOs on the two wards has affected cocooning activities. He can forward Cocooning materials for circulation.

Action: PC Brennan to forward the cocooning recommendations/burglary prevention advice and this can be circulated to the Lordship Locals, if cocooning leafleting has not already taken place.

(ii) Question: It’s disappointing to see that more staffing moves have occurred with new people have been seconded. Have you been pulled into the south of the Borough? (Cllr S Cameron):

Answer: In terms of staff changes, both PC Brennan and PC Walters remain constant to the ward. PC Fox was assisting on the ward but was primarily covering Stamford Hill and PC Valentine is covering that now, so both current PCs remain and are building experience of the ward. In terms of abstraction, this is really driven by what happens on a shift. PC Brennan gave the example of shots fired on the Kingsland Estate and then of course, DWOs may be asked to assist in such a case. The other day PC Brennan spent 8 hours on a crime scene so he wasn’t able to undertake normal patrol duties. Today part of the day was taken up preparing the report. Shift priorities will determine what can be undertaken. In the case of an emergency, this is covered differently and residents should call 999 and the call will be prioritised accordingly.

(iii) Question: What is happening with regard to St Mungo’s?

Answer: there has been no follow-up with regard to communication from St. Mungo’s in relation to prostitution.

Action: Cllr Cameron will follow-up.

(iv) Questions (various residents): You have mentioned online music, how does this relate to what is happening on the estates and how often do you patrol these areas? What is meant by a ‘late’ shift? Are girls and younger males involved?

Answer: There are two main gang feuds in Hackney. Members of these gangs live on some of the estates. The reference to music and music videos is that there have been random attacks from one side and then they have made a song about it and posted it online to show off and antagonise the other side. Music is not the source but it can be used online to intensify and aggravate a situation. In terms of patrols, wherever possible we are in everyday, normally trying to get to the key estates, eg. Chaucer Court, Milton Gardens, Lordship Estate. In terms of timings, shifts are days shifts, but if we are aware of problems and aware of key timings, such as a particular problem is happening at these times on a regular basis, then we will alter shift times to check at those times. A late shift time may involve early evening but equally there are night shifts set around intelligence so it is important that we get a picture of when things are happening so that we can target our approach. Equally the CSOs need to be aware of timings as they can patrol also. In terms of both weapons sweeps and drugs, one of the options the gangs have is to hide these somewhere as one tactic and it is sometimes the case that either girls or younger males are used to hold drugs and weapons as they are less likely to be subject to a search. PC Brennan gave as an example, the recent discover of two knives on Shakespeare Walk.

[This led onto a full discussion of the current violence and concerns of residents]

(v) Current violence issue: Regarding Milton Road Estate, one of the residents from Shakespeare Walk interjected, expressing their concern at the way Shakespeare Walk appeared to be being represented. Having lived there for a very long time, it was the first time in 38 years that they could remember this happening and wanted to know what was going to be done to stop what was happening. They did not know about the two knives being discovered, and it felt very personal to where they lived and was making people afraid. People are dying all over London, the police haven’t got a chance and where is it going to stop. The resident expressed that they did not feel that these matters were being addressed. The resident had also had problems with one of the youth groups and had complained but had not been able to get anything done and felt that things had been handled very badly. They felt that they had tried to go through the correct channels but this had proved pointless and they had been referred back in a full circle.

Chairperson response: IS outlined firstly that this is a regular community ward panel meeting with a set format which we are working to, so everyone can input. The meeting is open to anyone who lives in the Clissold ward and anyone can come from the community. It is our chance to meet with our Dedicated Ward Officer to set priorities for the community for what we think is important. All the people here are from the community and/or volunteers. She clarified that it is not just about one area, as other areas on the ward and in the borough are being affected. The example of the two knives found in Shakespeare Walk has been given because it is very recent, but is just one example. Particularly with regard to the problems the resident has experienced with the youth club, it is always good to start with the headperson with regard to safe-guarding. However, if residents don’t feel they are getting anywhere, then the ward councillors are in place to help and IS can also help. It is also possible to phone the safeguarding helpline. As the resident feels they have not got anywhere, IS requested if one of the councillors could take this up on their behalf.

Action: Cllr Sade Etti agreed to take this forward on behalf of the resident who maintained they had explored these options and this had not gone anywhere.

Chairperson: This seems a good place to continue regarding the discussion on recent events. What is really important is that we address how we keep our children safe and how do we better protect our youth? All of us are here to understand how we make our community safer and better. We all care and we have a young person who died. A young person who was brought up locally and died. We definitely need to have this conversation.

Shakespeare Walk playground representative: One thing that is important to raise is that we are treating our young people like we are afraid of them. We need to speak to them as if they are not criminals from the outset. We need to look them in the eye and not avoid them. Some things parents need to do – and some things the school needs to do, but generally we are creating a them-and-us situation by interacting with young people in this way, as if they are already guilty. What is the best approach for kids who feel alienated, where those kids are acting out? What should be the approach, how can we bring the kids back? There are kids who have things going on at home, they are still people. It’s about the way we walk up to them. I’ve experienced kids who are high as young as 11. We should still speak to them as if they are people. Don’t assume they are going to abuse you. A lot of the time, you treat young people as if they are going to cause damage. At the end of the day, you still have a lovely kid who loves their mum. Get talking to them, they are lovely. Not to say that all young people are lovely but we need to deal with them better. Currently, we behave like it’s us and them. We will need them to drive our buses, be our nurses, etc, in the future. We need to take care of them.

Question (SA): Have you got a paid leader, paid workers, who is in charge?

Answer: It is an adventure playground, most of time we open the doors and let the kids direct their own play.

A little boy accompanying an adult commented that when he is playing outside his nan’s house, sometimes when he plays he is afraid, he is afraid something will happen to him.

Response (Chairperson): IS asked the boy what he felt afraid of in particular. He responded that he felt afraid of what had happened and that bad things can happen to children under nine and over. He felt afraid of the older children. However, he then said that he had attended one of the youth clubs and although there were older boys there, they had been very nice and treated him well.

Response (Cllr N Hercock): Cllr Nercock made the point that it is important to recognise that although these things can happen, London is actually much safer than it was and what happened was a very exceptional incident. Nevertheless, these incidents are creating fear amongst the community including younger children and for parents about what might happen to their children.

Resident: One of the key issues is that even if these incidents are rare, because of the media coverage parents are keeping kids in and one parent hasn’t let their children out because they are so worried and fearful for their safety. How do we feed this back to residents? How not to worry under such circumstances? We need to feed back. Parents do need to take responsibility also. Parents need to search bags, search rooms. One 16 year old they were aware of had to stay inside because the parents were so worried. There needs to be collaboration. All of us, every resident needs to feel safe. There needs to be a community spirit with face-to-face talking. Workers used to go door-to-door and speak to people but now there is no funding. We need workers out in the community talking to people. There are no detached workers anymore and this was one way to ensure that you could speak with parents and get a real feel for what was going on.

Youth worker: one suggestion that has been made is that if you give the forms to the child and the parents can then come with the forms. However, in this case you have the child engaged with an organisation, but then you risk losing the child and they won’t come back if the parent is not engaging. Years ago we had more money and more resources. This is a real problem.

Action: Cllr Selman to take back how we can improve on our collective response. Young Hackney have started to look at this. The broader picture is that money is tighter so clearly this is limiting resources, but we will certainly take this input back.

Chairperson (IS): What is important is how do we engage between each other? None of us has all the answers. IS will talk to Young Hackney, talk to the young people. We are assuming we know what the young people want. We are all coming from the same base – we all care, we volunteer. If the people in charge are not doing what they are supposed to do, then we need to be clear on safeguarding. In terms of the wider problems we are currently experiencing, parents as well need to be taking responsibility for their children.

Resident: The other point is what can be done to make children safe walking home?

Resident: Just to let everyone know that Stoke Newington Secondary School have sent out a letter to parents this week confirming advice previously supplied on young people staying safe. In summary, this letter covers that the schools aims are that students are always safe in school. Any unsafe behaviour is taken very seriously and there is a zero tolerance on violence/weapons. Where concerns have been expressed by students regarding areas outside the school where either unsafe or illegal activity occurs which makes students feel unsafe, this has been drawn to the attention of the police so that they are aware of these areas and can patrol at appropriate times.

The school advises the following:

  • Walk home with friends, ie. ‘buddy-up’ or walk in pairs

(this follows same advice given by PC Brennan at last meeting)

  • Let family know where they are at all times

  • Stay in well-populated, well-lit areas

  • Parents will also have particular guidelines for their own children (weekends/evenings).

  • Reinforce the message that carrying a weapon makes a young person more unsafe and more likely to be a victim of crime

  • Any student found with a weapon is likely to be permanently excluded.

Question (Resident): Doesn’t this kind of advice make children more worried?

Response: Parents are not obliged to pass on, but many parents are concerned and would like some advice. Not sure, but think most secondary schools in Hackney have issued letters with guidance. There is also a PC attached to the school, PC Paul. PC Brennan and PC Paul are in contact.

Question (SA): Isn’t it part of our councillors role to go around and talk to people, there are people going around on bikes on Shakespeare Walk and Allen Road?

Response: Councillors all responded that it was their role and that they were going out talking to people all the time about what was currently happening.

SW Resident: It’s not always the parents, some grandparents have a role also. Youth workers are not working as they should. It is a load of rubbish.

Lots of people felt quite strongly at this point and there was a good deal of background talking.

IS brought the meeting to order, ably assisted by PC Brennan.

Response (Chairperson): Everyone is responsible, but it is also the parents’ job, and we need to have a conversation with our youth. It’s clear that everyone feels very strongly about this and emotions are running high. If I could ask you to take it in turns to speak it would be helpful, so that we can make note of what people are saying and get this information passed back to both the police and within the council which is really important. PC Brennan confirms: It’s very clear that you all want to keep your children safe. Each person needs to listen to what the other person has to say. We should let everyone have a chance to speak and need to take it in turns.

Response (Councillor Selman): There are people out there trying as hard as they can to try and make healthy robust children and take them through to adulthood. The perception of young people already raised is something that comes out all the time. Also, as we have heard, much younger children are scared of older children. How can we talk about these things? Examples of positive aspects are things like ‘Hackney has got Talent’ (Hackney Today). I’ve brought copies of Young Hackney (A Guide) which gives an outline of many available youth activities and support. It is an attempt to gather together contacts across the borough. We have lost a number of lives and this is the reason why everyone is feeling so emotional tonight. Overall, all crime is going down but the fear that this type of crime engenders affects communities deeply. We need to have responsibility, but also not view young people as a threat. There is a reason why everyone is concerned right now. We don’t have the answers, but we will certainly take the views expressed here tonight back.

Response (PC Brennan): It would also be good to get feedback on community-police engagement sessions, to know what the community would like to see. I’ve attended local youth groups, kicked the football around. This helps to break the ice, but it is important to interact further. Young people may have concerns around Stop & Search or Section 60s, perhaps there is something we could set up to give them more information. An example provided was where a youth subjected to a Stop & Search was very unhappy that he was cuffed during it. However, the reason he was cuffed was because the day before, a different person being searched had swallowed the drugs he was carrying which is very dangerous. Sometimes by explaining why you are cuffing a young person, it may help them understand your reasoning and this may help to diffuse a difficult situation.

Response (Cllr Cameron): It is a big issue and we need to get youth groups giving feedback to police as young people are fearful of discrimination in terms of Stop and Search powers and this must be addressed. It’s about simple conversations that people can understand.

Response (NB): Just to iterate that in regard to Stop and Search, the landscape is changing constantly. Data is checked and scrutinised for ethnicity bias, etc. It is important to let young people know when a Section 60 is going on in the area. If a stabbing has occurred, then there will be repercussions and it is likely that a Section 60 will be granted and consequently young people will be more likely to be searched. In terms of figures, there were 3 Section 60s issued (3pm to 3am), on each of the following days – 16, 17, 18 April – in Hackney. Body cameras should help increase public confidence, and will identify if police behaviour is not as it should be.

Question-Safe Spaces (IS): This was raised at the last meeting, can we have an updated status please?

Response (Cllr Cameron and Cllr Selman): This has been raised within Hackney. The scheme is being operated and evaluated in other boroughs. The feedback so far is that if done, it needs to be done properly. There is support for it but there is also police resource attached to doing this and training would be required for business owners so that people are not put at risk. Ian Simpkins is looking into this, so currently it remains an ongoing action.

Action: Cllr Cameron to update at next meeting if possible.

Question (SA): Concern raised that a shop has recently opened on Stoke Newington Church Street selling knives which are on display [This question was raised at the last meeting].

Response: The shop is a cooking shop which sells upmarket chef knives. Trading Standards work with the police to ensure that shops selling knives are acting in a responsible manner.

Action: Cllr Selman to check with the retailer to make sure they are acting responsibly.

(Further information: It is illegal for a shop to sell a knife including cutlery to anyone aged under 18. How knives are sold and displayed is subject to current regulation and voluntary agreements with government. A large number of retailers have already signed up to these and use policies such as Challenge 21 or Challenge 25. People need id and proof of age if they are 18 or over. If people are concerned, then they can report matters to Trading Standards. Many larger retailers have also entered into a voluntary agreement regarding products containing harmful amounts of acid ahead of planned legislation to ban the sale of such products to minors.)

Issue – Air Training Corps, Army Cadet Force-Albion Road CLOSURE (Name?): The Albion Road branch is being closed at relatively short notice due to funding. There are 32 kids meeting twice a week who will have no place to go. Would really like some help on the way forward and how to find places for them. Really concerned about what will happen to the kids.

Response (IS): Really sorry to hear this. Can you come to our youth club to meet on Friday and we can look at options for the local children. Action: IS to meet with ATC representative.

Chairperson: Let’s bring this section to a close and just cover some final questions.

(v) Question: What about police response times currently, I’ve heard about someone being assaulted, but no one coming for 30 minutes?

Response (PC Brennan): Response times for non-life threatening situations are generally lower. Calls are graded so it depends on what is happening. If a call is graded low, the police won’t go on blue light. It’s difficult to speak to a particular set of circumstances without knowing the full details.

(vi) Question: Who deals with lighting, the lighting is really a problem on Shakespeare Walk?

Answer (Cllr Sade Etti): This is an ongoing issue that the council have. The councillors will follow-up, Action: SE will follow-up. There is also PC Whelan, who looks at Situational Crime Prevention.

  1. Priorities for the 5 Neighbourhoods within the Borough for the next three months (set by police)

  1. Burglary/Robbery (theft of and from, parts of cycles, motor vehicles and persons)

  2. Anti Social Behaviour (Drug Dealing, Using, Prostitution and Soliciting)

  3. Violence (of all types, specifically knives and guns)

  1. Objectives from the Ward Panel to the Police (set by the community):

  1. Milton Gardens / Lordship Road (Estate): Support to youth community following incidents

  2. Lordship Park (south side)/Queen Elizabeth’s Walk: Vice-related ASB activity – Drug Dealing, Using, Prostitution, Soliciting

  3. Burma Road/Springdale Road: Drug dealing.

  4. Moped crime & theft of mopeds

  1. Dates of future meetings: Please see below for dates of meetings for 2018 for your diaries. The meetings will be held at Hawksley Court and start at 19:15hrs.

Wednesday, 18 July 2018,

Wednesday, 17 October, 2018,

Wednesday, 16 January 2019 (AGM)

  1. Meeting Closed: The meeting closed at 21.30


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s