Hours: Every Tuesday, 8am to 4pm
Location: Fellows Court Community Centre, E2 8LP
Start: June 2017
Make Kit is a Hackney based food start-up. Our mission is to make healthy, nutritious food accessible to all members of society. We achieve this by overcoming the barriers of cost, convenience and knowledge of how to eat healthily through the sale and distribution of pre-measured meal kits from convenient collection and delivery points. As a social enterprise, we reinvest our profits to further our mission and to subsidise recipe kits to low-income families experiencing food poverty or diet-related illness. Our business was developed off the back of an NHS report and with our combined passion for food and community. We trialled the recipe kits in Hackney from November 2016 to January 2017 and have been funded to launch our service across the borough.
Job Description: We are recruiting for a part-time operations manager who will be the main point of contact to organise and manage weekly packing operations.
¥ Setting up / closing down operations for the weekly pack: Organising the packing room, ensuring all packing stations are cleaned, organised and with the right equipment and documentation before and after use.
¥ Managing the packing team: Managing the team and volunteer schedule, updating the volunteer database and managing the team on packing days e.g. holding briefings/induction, paperwork is complete and managing breaks.
¥ Managing stock and supply: You will need to be on-site to receive supplies on Tuesday’s at 8am, ensure stock is received to order, correctly sorted and stored until use and quality and stock checks are carried out.
¥ Managing dispatch: Quality checking the packs, ensuring all ingredients have been packed in the right kits and the right number of kits are going to each distribution point.
¥ Reporting and managing issues / risks: You will be the key point of contact for any volunteer or packing team member to report any issues or risks and communicate them clearly to management with a recommended solution.
¥ Improving operations: You will be expected to identify, test and improve the operations as you gain experience.
• Managing food stock and supply
• Managing teams/volunteers
• Must be able to use or learn how to use: Excel, Word.
1. Self-starter – you will be expected to manage the packing operations alongside a team, using your initiative to reliably complete the work to schedule. We are also a start-up so looking for someone who is keen to get stuck in and help Make Kit grow.
2. Hands-on – this is an active role, where you’ll be interacting with suppliers, staff and volunteers most of the day. Plus, requires you to carry, lift and move stock.
3. Multi-tasker – you will be managing and directing multiple activities as we will have at least 3 recipe kits each week to organise and pack with a packing team.
4. Attention to / eye for detail – Quality checks are central to this position to ensure at each stage the ingredients, packaging and processes are correct, undamaged and adhered to.
5. Passion for / understanding of food – we are committed to our mission and getting people to eat fresh, home-cooked food and would love you to bring your passion and interest into this role too!
Due to planned holidays, the candidate must be available June 27th, July 4th, all Tuesdays in August, Sept. 5th and 12th.
What we provide:
• A position with a new, innovative, food start-up and social enterprise and the opportunity to grow with us.
• London Living Wage
• Food Health and Safety Level 2 qualification
• Lunch, when on-site at the community centre, on Tuesday’s
• A recipe kit to take home each week
If interested, please send your CV and a cover email to the contact details provided.
Ad ID: 1240183809